Hello & Welcome to the Kirby Kangaroo Club©!
The Kirby Kangaroo Club© is a savings club just for kids age twelve and under. By joining the club you will learn the importance of managing money and setting financial goals. To help make saving even more fun, we will give you 1 punch on your Kirby punch card for every $5 deposited into your KKC account! These punches can be redeemed for prizes offered at various
levels. You can either redeem them immediately or save for bigger prizes! We will also have quarterly events just for our KKC members! This could range from bowling or seeing a movie at the local movie theater. But remember, you must be a member to participate!
If you're not already a member joining is easy! All you need to do is have a regular savings account
here at the credit union or open one if you don't.
A teller will then be able to open up a KKC account with an additional $5 deposit. You will receive a membership card, quarter saver, passbook, and a free gift just for joining! You can also purchase a certificate of deposit for 12-60
months that requires only a minimum of $100.
IT PAYS TO HAVE ALL A'S!
We think it's great that our Kirby Kangaroo Club© members work extra hard in school to get excellent grades. To Prove it, we've introduced " It Pays to Have All A's." Each quarter when you receive your report card, if you have
all A's, you can enter in a drawing for a $25 cash deposit to your account.
- Must be a member of the ICFCU Kirby Kangaroo Club©
- Must provide a copy of your report card (we can make a copy at any one of our three locations)
- Must receive all A's (includes A-, A, & A+ grades... for younger Elementary students, all O's will be accepted.) Drawings will be held each of the four quarters (normally November, January, April, & June) ... so bring in your report cards right away to ensure that
you are entered!! We will give at least two weeks after report cards come out for you to get your card to the credit union.
Visit Kirby's website! You can play games, read jokes, learn cool stuff about money, and read stories about Kirby's latest adventures. You can even submit your own jokes and they might appear on our website!
If you would like more information on the Kirby Kangaroo Club©, contact us by e-mail or call (906)485-5563 or toll free (877)694-2328. We will be more than happy to provide you with information on the club.
** The Kirby Kangaroo Club© runs until your thirteenth birthday. At that time, your money will be transferred into a new CU Succeed Teen Youth Account. Bring in the letter that gets sent to you to receive your gift for the new account.
As your Kirby Kangaroo Club© account grows, you will be rewarded with prizes. For every $5 you deposit, you earn one punch on your Kirby Punch Card. These can be cashed in for various prizes at any of our three locations. (Basic prizes will be kept on hand and others can be ordered.)
TIPS ON SAVING
- Try to make a deposit at least once a month.
- Take a portion of your birthday, allowance, & chore money and set it aside for your KKC account – saving even pennies can add up!
- Keep your money in your savings account so that it earns interest – (extra money the credit union gives you just for keeping your money here!)
- Set a savings goal and stick to it!
- Spend your money wisely.
- Learn how to budget!